This is a Yimatzu brand GT12B-FA Sealed Lead Acid (SLA), Maintenance Free (MF), AGM class, GEL electrolyte, 12V battery. This is the highest grade of SLA battery produced by Yimatzu and continues to rank as a top performing MF battery in the North American marketplace.
Yimatzu AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology introduces the advantage of suspending the electrolyte within an internal glass mat structure. This significantly reduces risk of vapour leak and provides substantially higher power capacity, increasing both total life span as well as the range of each individual cycle.
Yimatzu AGM series batteries provide a virtually maintenance free and risk free power solution by self-containing the acidic electrolyte. This is crucial for vehicles where impacts can occur, such as powersports, mobility and watersports. Yimatzu AGM battery design will maintain its performance and long-term storage characteristics for several times longer than a conventional lead battery. To remain factory-fresh this battery is shipped dry along with an easy-fill pack of high-density electrolyte to be added at the time of installation.
Yimatzu GEL electrolyte technology provides a safer battery with higher performance characteristics; greater cycle length and battery life-span. Yimatzu GEL impact and vibration dampening properties increase battery durability while providing superior resistance to temperature fluctuations and extremes. Yimtazu GEL ensures uniform electrolyte suspension, even plate discharge profiles, higher material heat capacity and top rated leak proofing from both evaporation and battery impact.
It is the combination of these two technology types along with industry leading manufacturing systems which allow Yimatzu to produce an unrivaled Maintenance Free AGM battery and deliver them worldwide at a lower cost to the consumer. A finished product which provides the high power capacity and unmatched life expectancy of the Yimatzu AGM series, along with the improved deep cycle performance, stabilized discharge profile, advanced leak proofing and extended battery life of Yimatzu GEL electrolyte technology.
Note that a Yimatzu AGM battery with GEL electrolyte is different and far superior in almost every application than a GEL cell battery. GEL cell batteries are typically more expensive with less forgiving recharge protocols and do not offer the same power capacity as their size-comparable AGM counterparts. GEL cell batteries occupy a very small percentage of the total market and should only be used when specifically directed by the manufacturer; typically when low power is required at a slow discharge rate.
This GT12B-FA battery type is very commonly (though not exclusively) used for ATVs, scooters, electric start dirt bikes, dune buggies, go karts and riding lawnmowers as well as many other variations of powersports, mobility, watersports and 'lawn & garden' products.
- Length: 7.2cm (2.83in)
- Width: 15cm (5.91in)
- Height: 13cm (5.12in)
This battery is sometimes referred to as YT12B-FA, M6212B, CYT12B-FA. Common applications of this battery include (but are not limited to) the following machines:
- 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 (399cc)
- 2008 - 2013 Ducati Monster 696 (696cc)
- 2010 - 2012 Ducati Hypermotard (796cc)
- 2010 - 2013 Ducati Monster 796 (796cc)
- 2015 - 2016 Ducati Scrambler (803cc)
- 2014 - 2016 Ducati Monster (821cc)
- 2008 - 2012 Ducati 848 (848cc)
- 2013 Ducati Street Fighter (848cc)
- 2016 Ducati Hypermotard (939cc)
- 2016 Ducati Hyperstrada (939cc)
- 2008 - 2009 Ducati Desmosedici RR (1000cc)
- up to 2009 Ducati GT1000, Touring, Sport 1100S (1000cc)
- 2005 - 2007 Ducati Monster S2R (1000cc)
- 2007 - 2009 Ducati 1098 (1098cc)
- 2007 - 2012 Ducati Hypermotard (1100cc)
- 2009 Ducati Monster 110 (1100cc)
- 2009 - 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 (1100cc)
- 2007 - 2009 Ducati Multistrada (1100cc)
- 2009 - 2012 Ducati Street Fighter, S (1100cc)
- 2009 - 2011 Ducati 1198 MY08 (1198cc)
- 2011 - 2016 Ducati Diavel (1198cc)
- 2010 - 2016 Ducati Multistrada (1200cc)
- 2016 Ducati Diavel, S (1262cc)
- 2004 - 2010 Kawasaki ZX1000-C Ninja (ZX-10R) (1000cc)
- 2008 - 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, SE, FI (865cc)
- 2008 - 2010 Triumph Scrambler (865cc)
- 2009 - 2012 Triumph Thruxton (900cc)
- 2007 - 2011 Triumph Tiger (1050cc)
- 2005 - 2017 Yamaha FZ6, R (600cc)
- up to 2010 Yamaha SRX600 (600cc)
- 2011 - 2012 Yamaha XJ6, Deversion (EU) (600cc)
- 1999 - 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 (600cc)
- 1998 - 2016 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star (All) (650cc)
- 1999 - 2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (1000cc)